Helpful navigation toolbar

Thursday, November 25, 2010

King Cobra at the San Antonio Zoo

I took this shot over the past weekend at the San Antonio Zoo. The last time I visited I did not bring my tripod and shots within the reptile house did not come out nearly as well as I had hoped. This visit I brought my tripod and I probably spent about an hour just taking shots of the different reptiles on display.

The King Cobra was interesting because it "posed" for the photos I was taking. I took about 25 shots of the snake and just a few of them were blurred because it was moving. The only thing that I wasn't able to capture was when it slightly "hooded" as I was collapsing the tripod. I don't know if it could see through the glass and was threatened by the lens hood or not, but that was pretty interesting. I don't know exactly how big the King Cobra was, I would guess somewhere between 10 and 15 feet, but it is very large for a snake. Especially for such a deadly snake. I for one am very glad that we don't have to worry about them in the wild here in the United States!


King Cobra at the San Antonio Zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment