Helpful navigation toolbar

Sunday, November 21, 2010

St. Joseph Parish with a better lens

Today's shot is a comparison of two shots taken of St. Joseph Parish in San Antonio Texas. One was taken with the Tamron 10-24mm f/3.5-4.5 SP Di II Aspherical (IF) lens and the other was taken with the Canon 17-40mm F/4 L USM Ultra Wide Angle Zoom lens (the camera body is the same, the Canon T1i).

The original shot was by no means terrible, but I wasn't happy with the amount of detail that was captured in the shot. I thought it came out looking soft and I did not feel that it did the interior of this amazing church due justice. The amount of detail, clarity, and color that the L lens takes the shot to an entirely different level altogether. While the field of view is slightly different than the Tamron lens, the, it is still a fairly wide angle view. I am totally impressed by the difference an "L" lens makes in a shot. The only downside to getting a higher quality lens is now I have to go back and re-shoot a lot of picture that I wasn't quite happy with due to the quality of the lens. I can only imagine how the St. Michael's shot that I took in Washington DC would come out with the "L" lens. I might just have to make a trip back there and see!


St. Joesph Parish in San Antonio, Texas (with an "L" lens)


St. Joseph Parish in San Antonio, Texas (original shot)

No comments:

Post a Comment