Helpful navigation toolbar

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Waterfall at Lost Maples State Natural Area

With today being Veterans' Day (and having off from work because of it) I decided after some deliberation to head to Lost Maples State Natural Area, located about 90 miles west of San Antonio near Vanderpool, Texas. I arrived at the park around 9:15 and didn't have to wait in line or anything (in fact, I got the parking spot directly next to the beginning of the East Trail, which was an added bonus!) When I left around 2:30 the line of vehicles waiting to get in to the park was backed up about a half mile or so, if you want to visit I suggest getting there early and avoiding the line!

Anyway, I would guess that about 30-40% of the trees were starting to turn, so it wasn't quite as eye-popping as I had hoped, but it still wasn't terrible. The park reminded me more of taking a walk where our family used to live in Pennsylvania, except this was located in central Texas. Over the next few days I am going to process shots from the park, I never really worked on nature shots before, so it will be a learning process for me. One thing I have already learned when it comes to colors is less is definitely more, especially when a shot (such as this one) has such a wide range of colors but is predominantly green (and variants of green) landscape-ish (I know that isn't a word, but I think you probably understand my meaning).

As always, if you have any questions or comments, please don't hesitate to ask!


Waterfall at Lost Maples State Natural Area

No comments:

Post a Comment