Helpful navigation toolbar

Friday, December 31, 2010

Most Popular Photos of 2010

The following shots were my most popular (according to overall number of views) in my smugmug gallery in 2010. I would like to thank everyone for what I consider to be a very successful start in photography. I have always enjoyed taking photos and processing them as a hobby, but I never thought that I would ever actually make any money from my work. It is very rewarding to me to have people not only like my photos but actually want to display my work in their homes. I am still in a bit of shock that I was able to display some of my work on October at Loft 121 Number 5 as a part of First Friday, after only about a month of photography experience. Another highlight of the year was that I also won the Penn Camera Photo Contest for the month of November with a San Antonio skyline shot, which came as a complete surprise!


Along those lines as well, the number of "hits" across my smugmug gallery, flickr, Facebook fan page and HDR Photography blog have increased every month, but the increase in December was incredible. Thus far, my smugmug gallery has had nearly 22,000 hits in December alone. That is more than September, October and November combined!!


I want to thank all of you who enjoy my work and share it with your friends, co-workers, enemies, random strangers, etc. I could have never imagined such a steep increase in traffic, and I hope that it continues into the new year!


I would also like to thank Danny (for getting me hooked on HDR and giving me pointers along the way), Juan (for letting me show during First Friday), Luis (for convincing me to upgrade to Photoshop CS5) as well as all of you that left comments and followed me on Twitter and Facebook. Your comments and likes help me to decide what type of photos to shoot and what images to process. I greatly appreciate it and your feedback keeps me going!


Here are the top 15 images that I have produced this year. Is your favorite image among them? If not, what is your favorite shot that I posted this year, and why? As always, thank you so much for everything, and hopefully 2011 is even a better year for everyone than 2010!


Sea World San Antonio Christmas Tree


Gecko at National Geographic Museum in Washington D.C.


Parrot at Gator Farm in St. Augustine, Florida


San Antonio Skyline Before Sunrise


Casa Rio Umbrellas, San Antonio


Car on the Set of Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Washington D.C.


Snowmen Playing Football, Sea World San Antonio


St. Matthews Cathedral (Original Shot), Washington D.C.


Azul with Christmas Lighting, Sea World San Antonio


San Antonio Panoramic View with Christmas Decorations


Alamo Plaza Christmas Tree, San Antonio


Downtown San Antonio (I consider this the photo that really convinced me I could produce HDR images!)


Tower Life Building with Christmas Lights (and Texas A&M flag), San Antonio


Flamingos at Sea World San Antonio


St. Matthews Cathedral (Taken with better camera and lens), Washington D.C.



There are quite a few shots that are not on here (I really like some of the shots from I took in early December while on a small vacation in the Baltimore area), mainly because I recently posted them, but you can visit my smugmug gallery at any time and view all of the photos that I have posted. Once again, thank you so much for everything you have provided to me so far this year, and hopefully next year will be even better!!


Brian






No comments:

Post a Comment