Helpful navigation toolbar

Monday, January 17, 2011

Judson Candy Factory - Revisited

I think it is a pretty safe bet to say that I have learned quite a bit in the 5 months or so. Since September I have upgraded just about everything, to include the camera, lenses, software, and hardware that I use to produce the HDR images. I have also learned quite a bit about both aspects of creating an HDR image, from steps to take to ensure the original brackets are as good as they can be, up to learning and utilizing different tools and methods during post-processing (including Silver Efex Pro and Mask Pro which I added yesterday thanks learning about them at Imaging USA!).


Today's photo is again of the Judson Candy Factory, which is located just south of "downtown" San Antonio. I gave a good bit of history about the site in my previous post (you can visit it here if you want to, but I included the original shot for comparison as well), so I will not go into that again. What I will say is that I learned quite a bit since the original shot, such as the coloring is much more natural and not blown out now, I was able to fix the blown out portions of the Judson's Candy Factory Lofts sign, and I made the neon "Judson's" sign stand out a bit, while not making it look as if it did not totally fit in. I also had the advantage of a mostly cloudy sky, complete with fast moving clouds, to give the sky a much better look as well. I don't know how often I am going to go back and retake shots that I have shot previously, but in certain situations (like this one) it is refreshing to see how an scene can look now that I have had more experience. Hopefully I continue to learn and absorb as much information as possible so that the quality of my work keeps improving.


As always, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback, and remember clicking on the image takes you to my smugmug gallery where you can view this (and my other images) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


Judson Candy Factory - II


Original Judson Candy Factory




No comments:

Post a Comment