Helpful navigation toolbar

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Colorful Riverwalk Waterfall


Today's photo is a shot I took in the middle of December of a multicolored pond and waterfall that was decorated for Christmas along the Museum Reach portion of the Riverwalk located in San Antonio, Texas. I've debated on how to process this shot ever since I took it, as I was happy with the shot itself, but no matter what I did, I was not quite satisfied with the result of processing until yesterday.


I decided to keep the "extra green" of the waterfall after being inspired by a series of photos of a neon green river in Canada (view the photos and story here), but I wasn't quite sure of the rest of the photo until I fired up the AlienSkin Bokeh 2 plugin and messed around with making the photo look as it if it was taken with a tilt-shift lens. I tried focusing on different areas until I got the result of this photo. I think it is pretty interesting, depending on how you focus on the photo, it can either appear as if the rock is very small, or it can appear very large. Which ever way you perceive it (hopefully you can see both perspectives), processing the shot finally produced a result that I am happy with!


Please feel free to leave any comments or feedback, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes, and all of my photo are available for purchase as well. If you have any questions please feel free to click the email me tab near the top of the page or leave a comment below with your contact information and I will get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks for stopping by!


Colorful waterfall modified using Bokeh 2



No comments:

Post a Comment