Helpful navigation toolbar

Sunday, February 13, 2011

If a tree falls....

Today's photo is one of several photos that I will be posting over the next few days that I took while at the Medina River Natural Area in southern San Antonio. Incredibly enough, this is a city park that is actually inside the San Antonio city boundary, but you would never know it from the scenery you encounter while walking along the many trails at the park. My visit yesterday was definitely during an "off" time, as I encountered a total of about 10 other people during my few hour visit to the park. I am planning to go back again in the near future (preferably on a partly cloudy day) and actually take some more shots along the Medina River and eventually farther back along the trails. There are plenty of signs to be aware of various wildlife that you can possibly encounter, but the only evidence I saw of any of that were the holes and dug up earth that were left by the elegant Texas feral pigs.


This photo was taken along the "Rio Medina Trail", which I believe, with my limited knowledge of Spanish, translates to "River Medina Trail" :) I have no idea how long this tree has been there, but it is by far one the the largest trees that I have seen during my tenure in Texas. I also am not certain if it made a noise, but judging from the looks of what remains of the stump, I think it made a really loud noise when it came down. I am not 100% happy with the sky in this shot, but since the star of this shot is the massive tree and not the sky, I am OK with the less than stellar sky. There is something in this photo that will be featured in the shots that I post on both Monday and Tuesday, but I will not give out any hints. (Except this one: You have to look VERY closely to see it, and unless you have visited the park recently (aka yesterday), you probably will not even notice it).



If a tree falls......



Please feel free to leave any comments, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug, where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment