Helpful navigation toolbar

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

St. Mary's Church


Today's photo is a shot of the interior of St. Mary's Church, located at 202 N. St. Mary's Street in San Antonio, Texas. For any new readers to my blog, this Saturday I spent a good 7 hours or so around the city taking photos. I quite literally came across this church by accident. I turned the wrong way on a street and noticed what looked like bell towers, but I did not remember seeing a church there before. I poked my head in and a wedding was going on, so I noted the time of the Mass on Saturday's (5:30 PM) and made an effort to return around 5:00PM. I took this shot at 5:13 so I do not have many church members in the photo, but I also wasn't blocking the center aisle for too long.


This church is located near the Riverwalk area (it is about 2 blocks away) but I think it is the most interesting looking church in San Antonio with the exception for St. Joseph's (photos of that can be seen here). I did change one thing about the processing of this photo, I made the center a little darker than the edges because I feel like that captured the scene more "naturally" than the result of the HDR processing. As you can see, there are lights on the sides, but nothing at all in the middle. I wanted the lower middle of the photo to look darker, partly to draw more attention there, but also because I think it enhances the overall shot in a nice fashion.


Please feel free to leave any comments below, and remember clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


St. Mary's Church



No comments:

Post a Comment