Helpful navigation toolbar

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Can You Dig It?

Today's photo was taken at one of the pad sites being constructed at the corner of 151 and Military Drive (near Sea World, also near our house). I took this shot the same day that I took the shot of the "Real Fixer Upper Home".

I hadn't ever taken shots of any sort of vehicles like this before, so I decided to set up my tripod as low as possible with the wide angle lens to try to capture the bulldozer as close as possible to make it look much more massive than it actually was (as bulldozers go, this was a small (at most mid-size) version). Some of the buildings that are already built on the site are a pharmacy and an allergy clinic, I think the rest of the buildings will probably be medical/health related as well, but until the buildings are actually built it just looks like flattened pads and frames. To be honest, this picture turned out much better than I thought it would, I think it is a combination of the angle that I took it and (as I am learning) the ever important partly cloudy sky. (The shot is also some free advertising for TSS Construction, of Boerne, too!)



Can You Dig It?


If you are so inclined, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. If you enjoyed this post, please take the time to pass my post(s) on to others whom you also feel would enjoy my work. Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment: