Helpful navigation toolbar

Monday, March 21, 2011

Everything's Bigger...

Today's photo is of the very large pair of boots located outside of the North Star Mall in San Antonio, Texas. The mall is located near the San Antonio International Airport, thus many visitors see the boots as they are arriving and departing the city. The boots are an astounding 40 feet tall and are claimed to be the largest anywhere in the world (and who am I to dispute something that can be found on the internet?). I took this shot not long after my wife and I had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory located in the mall after visiting the Gwangju Korean Pavilion. The boots are sometimes lit up with different designs and colors for special occasions. I realized that I had never taken a photo of the boots before, and while they are common to those of us that live here in San Antonio, I felt it was my duty to share it with my friends, neighbors, enemies, complete strangers and anyone else that stops by my blog post. I hope you enjoy today's photo!


Everything's Bigger in Texas (even the boots)



If you are so inclined, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. If you enjoyed this post, please take the time to pass my post(s) on to others whom you also feel would enjoy my work. Thanks for stopping by!


3 comments:

  1. OK, everyone says I've got boats for feet and need super size shoes, but this is even a little big for me!!! What a great item here, Brian! Great capture my friend, I love the composition and the processing you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So Brian how big is the guy who wears these boots do you figure? And just imagine the size of the hat! Great shot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks to both of you! The boots are 40 feet high by 20 feet long, so I guess they could have been made for the mythical Paul Bunyan. I bet there is a giant cowboy hat somewhere that I probably need to shoot now to complete this series! :)

    ReplyDelete