Helpful navigation toolbar

Friday, March 18, 2011

Old-Fashioned Friday - Buckhorn Prison

This morning I had the pleasure of being called for jury duty here in San Antonio. I managed to finish most of a book that I was reading on my nook, which was the highlight of my day in court. I didn't realize that today's subject for "Old-Fashioned Friday" would actually tie in with my jury duty selection but I think it might have been one of those sub-conscious things that just happens.

This mockup of a jail cell is another shot from the Buckhorn Museum and Saloon (you can check out my original posts from last Thursday and Friday). I took some shots of the two cells from the vantage point of the desk but wasn't totally happy with the outcome. At that point I realized that I could actually go in the cell on the right (the cell on the left had a "dummy" under a sheet with an audio recording of snoring playing). I closed the door and balanced the legs of the tripod on the metal slabs of the bunk and took the brackets that ended up comprising this shot. My favorite aspects of this shot are the "Wanted" and "Reward" flyers posted on the wall as well as the gun rack on the right wall.

I cropped the top portion of the shot because some of the HVAC tubing was visible and I didn't want that to distract from the shot. I hope you enjoy today's "Old-Fashioned Friday" installment!


Old-Fashioned Friday - Buckhorn Prison


If you are so inclined, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. If you enjoyed this post, please take the time to pass my post(s) on to others whom you also feel would enjoy my work. Thanks for stopping by!



1 comment:

  1. I love Old-Fashioned Friday Brian! Today's submission is really great! Glad you managed to get in, get the photo and then escape the Sheriff's posse hot on your tail! You're a wanted man now, sir, better get used to life on the lamb! What a great photo, and your processing is just perfect for the tone you were trying to create. Top drawer!

    ReplyDelete