Helpful navigation toolbar

Monday, April 4, 2011

Looking Through The Branches

Today's photo is another shot that I took while photographing the exterior of the Trinity Baptist Church. I came upon this view while trying to determine the best location to photograph the church, which I ultimately determined was the angle that I shot the photos in yesterday's post. I tried my best to time the brackets so the shot would be minimally affected by the light breeze that was blowing and I think that I got pretty lucky in my timing.

I added a touch of vignetting and some extra desaturation to the edges of the photo to help draw the focus more to the center of the shot. The branches and bushes did an excellent job framing the shot, but I wanted the focus to be the church, not the vegetation surrounding the church. I also did not take the step of "bleaching" the white columns like I did in yesterday's shot because it made this shot a look to unrealistic for my liking, so I kept the slightly "dirty" look to the columns which I think actually helps maintain the overall balance of the shot.

I also debated cropping the photo to make the steeple the center of the shot, but I felt it was best to have the steeple appear off-center, as the square white column on the left and the last round white column on the white are about 1/3 from the left and 1/3 from the right, respectively. This in a sense centers the visible portion of the shot and I like that look compared to selectively centering a portion of the church (in this case, the steeple).



Looking Through The Branches


If you are so inclined, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view this (and my other photos) in various sizes. If you enjoyed this post, please take the time to pass my post(s) on to others whom you also feel would enjoy my work. Thanks for stopping by!



No comments:

Post a Comment