Helpful navigation toolbar

Monday, May 23, 2011

It's a Trap!

Today's shot is one that was inspired by our vacation to Florida. We had a few chances to visit downtown Disney during our trip (it was a short boat trip away from the Port Orleans Resort where we were staying after all!) and one of the most interesting stores that we visited was the Lego store. There was a Lego knight and dragon as well as an interesting Lego sea monster at the store, but the item that I was really impressed with was the Lego Imperial Shuttle. The detail was so impressive that I thought it was a model when I first saw it. That got me on my current idea of taking macro shots of a few Lego playsets and characters in hopes of producing some pretty cool images.


Today's shot is courtesy of the Home One Mon Calamari Star Cruiser set (#7754). Admiral Ackbar has had a special place in my heart for some time and I jumped at the chance to acquire the set and construct the bridge. I was slightly concerned about the proper backdrop, but it turns out a perfectly placed light actually created the perfect backdrop (the blue-ish glow behind him is the light reflecting off a Puffs Plus tissue box of all things)! Admiral Ackbar was a trooper throughout the photo shoot, I don't think he moved once, although I thought I did hear him muttering something about my camera lens being unable to "repel good looks of this magnitude".

I have plans to construct at least one more Lego set (sorry, no hints on what it might be!) but I am so happy with the way this shot turned out I have a few ideas for some more interesting Lego Star Wars photos that I will be shooting and sharing in the near future!


It's a Trap!


If you are so inclined, please feel free to leave any comments or feedback. Also remember that clicking on the photo takes you to my online gallery hosted over at smugmug where you can view the photos that I have posted in various sizes. Thanks for stopping by!


No comments:

Post a Comment