Helpful navigation toolbar

Friday, September 6, 2013

Knoebels Grove at Night

Today's post contains two photos that I took last year during a visit to Knoebels Grove in Elysburg, Pennsylvania. I posted a few pictures from the trip last year, but have not had a chance to share these photos yet.

The first photo is of the "Downdraft" ride, it is located along what (many years ago) used to be the main road that ran past and through Knoebels and the very large Crystal Pool. The ride rises, spins, and twists riders in various directions. I wondered exactly how an early evening, long exposure shot (two seconds) would come out and I got pretty lucky with how it turned out. I also got lucky that the young girl in the foreground stayed fairly still throughout the duration of the shot!

Downdraft



The second photo is a shot of one of my favorite rides at the park from when I was young, the Paratrooper. This ride spins riders in a large circle after lifting into the air. It is a fairly basic, simple ride but it is a very enjoyable one! I used a mixture of black and white and color processing in this photo in an effort to make the "center" of the ride stand out more than normal

Paratrooper



Please feel free to click on the photo above to view it in various sizes. Clicking on the photo also takes you to my online gallery, hosted over at smugmug, where you can browse this (and other) photos that I have posted. If you enjoyed viewing this photo, please take a moment and leave comments and/or feedback. Please also feel free to pass the link of this photo on to others if you so desire. Thanks for stopping by!!


No comments:

Post a Comment