Helpful navigation toolbar

Friday, August 8, 2014

Partly Cloudy Milky Way



This photo was taken while in vacation this past July in Emerald Isle, North Carolina. We stayed in Emerald Isle for a week and during the entire week this was the only day that was decent enough to attempt to get a couple of night time shots with the Milky Way. As we were shooting more and more clouds seemed to appear and this was one of the last shots that we took before calling it a night.

I particularly like this shot because it captured the rising moon which makes the lower left portion of the shot much brighter than the rest of the photo. I used some of the lens correction settings in Canon's Digital Photo Professional to try to reduce the "fisheye" appearance and ended up creating a slightly warped effect with the stars. Rather than trying to reduce that effect I decided to keep it and ended up with the following photo.

I didn't get as many good shots of the Milky Way as I had hoped due to the clouds and am still working on going through all of the photos to see if there is another shot that I might post, but I am quite pleased with how this photo came out and wanted to share it. I hope that you enjoy it!


Partly Cloudy Milky Way




Please feel free to click on the photo above to view it in various sizes. Clicking on the photo also takes you to my online gallery, hosted over at smugmug, where you can browse this (and other) photos that I have posted. If you enjoyed viewing this photo, please take a moment and leave comments and/or feedback. Please also feel free to pass the link of this photo on to others if you so desire. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment