Helpful navigation toolbar

Monday, July 13, 2015

Pelican Landing Post


Hello again readers! We spent the first part of July on vacation in Carolina Beach, North Carolina. I had a chance to take more beach pictures than I have in previous years and hope to be able to post them in the coming weeks.

This particular shot captures a post that I believe says "Pelican Landing", a lifeguard tower, a couple of beach goers setting up an umbrella, a lifeguard on an ATV, a couple of gulls, and a dragonfly (among other aspects). Of course, looking beyond all of that is the ocean and sand, which honestly is one of the nicest parts of vacation. I took this from a tripod fairly low to the ground and although I did take bracketed shots, I liked everything that was happening in this photo and just processed it with -2 and +2 using Digital Photo Professional. I then used Photomatix to create the HDR and the Nik tools to clean it up a bit.



Pelican Landing Post





Please feel free to click on the photo above to view it in various sizes. Clicking on the photo also takes you to my online gallery, hosted over at smugmug, where you can browse this (and other) photos that I have posted. If you enjoyed viewing this photo, please take a moment and leave comments and/or feedback. Please also feel free to pass the link of this photo on to others if you so desire. Thanks for stopping by!!

No comments:

Post a Comment